My Story #3 -An Undeniable Record of God’s Supernatural Power

“God’s miraculous power is not limited to an “era of miracles,” as some people suppose. He is the eternal, almighty God who has never changed. From the day God created the heavens and earth until today. Awesome miracles, signs and wonders have testified of His unlimited supernatural power.” –Walking in the Supernatural, TL Lowery

God if you would only “show-up” sometime so I would know you are real I would sigh in prayer. I believed but I guess I was desiring the manifest presence of God to dispel my unbelief. A friend of mine, the Aglow President in our city invited me and another friend, to a WV Aglow Regional Conference just a few minutes from my home. My friend and I decided we would go to support our Aglow friends even though I had been kicked out of Aglow several years earlier (another story for anoether time- side bar, now I do speaking engagements for Aglow, and Jane Hansen, my husband and I are great friends).

Anyway, back to the WV Aglow Conference. When choosing the workshop we would attend, my friend and I thought we would go to the one titled “the Bride.” This sounded romantic so off we went. The workshop leader was a young woman from upstate who shared her passion for Jesus, the Bridegroom and His Bride. I really was not all that engaged until she ask for people who wanted to experience the Bridegroom’s love to come to the front. My friend was the first one among many who made their way to the front of this small simple conference room.

The workshop leader began to move down the line of women, one by one, inviting the Holy Spirit to come to each one. I had seen and been in these lines before but there was something more going on…. I SAW THE HOLY SPIRIT cover my friend. I WAS STRUCK WITH AWE! I thought...I KNOW YOU… I HAVE SEEN YOU BEFORE. It had been several years earlier, the early 80’s, that a young man came to our city invited by a local Assembly of God church. His name was Benny Hinn. Pastors, Ministry Leaders, Businesspeople, Congregationalist, young and old gathered in our University hall to hear this promising young minister.

Binny Hinn spoke with great authority on the three persons of the Godhead and their purposes in the Kingdom of God. Benny gave a remarkable account of the supernatural encounters he experienced with the person of the Holy Spirit. This was the first time I had the understanding of the person of the Holy Spirit.

As he would minister to the people many were healed, delivered and seemed to float to the floor with a radiance of peace on their faces. I longed for such an encounter with this one called the Holy Spirit. The second day of the conference the time had come once again for the ministry of the Holy Spirit.

We were asked to stand as the Spirit of God was invited to COME. I cleared off my seat-just in case (and hoping) I would fall when Benny began to minister. To my disappointment, this day, Benny asked the pastors present to go out into the gathering and pray for the people. I thought to myself, I know these guys and they don’t have any power. The pastors moved through the crowd and laid hands on each one and prayed as instructed. I stood there, disappointed, desiring a divine encounter but… nothing, So I thought...

The meeting came to an end. People began to mill around picking up their books and belongings, preparing to leave. Our ministry was hosting an event later that evening, so people were coming up to me asking for last minute instructions. I could see their mouths moving, and faintly hear their voices, but I couldn't talk- or make any sense- I WAS STONED. It was crazy. Peace was like a hazy veil over me. I was hearing, seeing, touching, feeling, functioning in this Peace – as a drunk, for 3 days. I had not experience this again until this day at the WV Aglow Conference. The next day... Jesus promised us, "He who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also, and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father."

Comments

Popular Posts