My Story #5 God chooses to manifest His Presence and Glory through His People
I was asked to come and speak at a local church in our city to a women’s group. I shared a short teaching on the person and manifest presence of the Holy Spirit. I began to share that God is calling his kids to walk out of their fears and even complacency and go beyond their expectations – beyond what we can think or imagine and listen to Him and move in that revelation and you will then see Him in all of His Glory.
I began praying simply for the women –God showed up- I mean He really showed up. The women were experiencing the reality of the Kingdom of God. Many were, for the first time, encountering Jesus in a tangible way- freedom, deliverance and healing flowed freely.
After the ministry time was completed and peace filled the room, I slipped out to go to the restroom –needed to go really bad. A lady followed me to the restroom. She was coming right into the stall- She was excited by what she had just seen and was asking over and over again “How do you do that?” ‘How do you do that?” I looked at her and said, “You can be of no reputation.” (my thought: Jesus was of no reputation). I went on to explain. If you want to preserve your reputation you will never try anything that may ruin it. To minister in the power of the Holy Spirit – in signs, wonders and miracles or anything – you have to be prepared to fail, to miss it, to look bad, and be misunderstood.
After finishing in the restroom, still talking to the young woman we walked back to the conference hall. The pastor’s wife and host for the meeting took me aside and said with the quiet voice of caution, “You need to be careful telling these women they can hear God’s voice, because it could be the Devil talking to them” …What? "…when you ask for bread will He give you a stone"- how ridiculous to believe more in Devil speak than our loving Father God who desires to commune with His children.
Wiggleworth depended fully on the Holy Spirit to flow through him. He lived in unbroken communion and fellowship with God and was continuously seeking God’s presence.
I began praying simply for the women –God showed up- I mean He really showed up. The women were experiencing the reality of the Kingdom of God. Many were, for the first time, encountering Jesus in a tangible way- freedom, deliverance and healing flowed freely.
After the ministry time was completed and peace filled the room, I slipped out to go to the restroom –needed to go really bad. A lady followed me to the restroom. She was coming right into the stall- She was excited by what she had just seen and was asking over and over again “How do you do that?” ‘How do you do that?” I looked at her and said, “You can be of no reputation.” (my thought: Jesus was of no reputation). I went on to explain. If you want to preserve your reputation you will never try anything that may ruin it. To minister in the power of the Holy Spirit – in signs, wonders and miracles or anything – you have to be prepared to fail, to miss it, to look bad, and be misunderstood.
After finishing in the restroom, still talking to the young woman we walked back to the conference hall. The pastor’s wife and host for the meeting took me aside and said with the quiet voice of caution, “You need to be careful telling these women they can hear God’s voice, because it could be the Devil talking to them” …What? "…when you ask for bread will He give you a stone"- how ridiculous to believe more in Devil speak than our loving Father God who desires to commune with His children.
Wiggleworth depended fully on the Holy Spirit to flow through him. He lived in unbroken communion and fellowship with God and was continuously seeking God’s presence.

Comments