Throw Back to the Future (2002) -Prophetic Words for WV
Pastor Dave Kelly
lives
in Kentucky
words
given at Valley Christian Assembly of God
Charleston,
WV
February
23, 2002
“I
Have Chosen You West Virginia”
There
are pictures in my spirit. I’m gonna share a little bit of what I
shared last night. But the Lord showed me much more. For the Lord
spoke a word to my heart last night, I want you to receive this.
Those of you that yearn for revival, those of you that yearn to see
the Spirit of the Lord evident in our streets and in our cities, let
me give you a word from the Lord. The Lord says to you tonight and I
pray to the Lord that you hear this. He said to me, “I have chosen
you, West Virginia. I have chosen you, West Virginia. I have picked
you as my own, I have chosen you, West Virginia, just as I chose
Bethlehem to birth my son. I have chosen you, West Virginia, to birth
something in this day and in this hour.
Long
before men came to this place and drew their geographical lines and
put their markers on your boundaries for your state, I picked you. I
chose you.
Let
me tell you what I see. As I was praying the Lord had me turn to
Isaiah 66. It says, “Before she goes into labor, she gives birth.
Before the pains come upon her, she delivers a son. Who has ever
heard such a thing? Who has ever seen such a thing? Can a country be
born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner
in Zion is Zion in labor that she gives birth to her children.”
And
the Lord says to you this night, “Do I bring to the moment of birth
and not give delivery?” says the Lord, “Do I close up the womb
when I bring delivery?” says the Lord.
He
spoke that verse to me, and I want you to hear this. I’m gonna do
my best to try to explain the way I see it in the Spirit.
But
I see the state and the cities in WV. God has picked this state.
Don’t ask me why, but the Lord has His reasons and the Lord has His
seasons. But several years back the Lord gave a message to me to
preach and the message was entitle, “The Birthday of Revival.”
But
the Lord showed me many more things last night in this area. He
showed me the state of WV. The state is pregnant, you’ve got to
hear me.
I
watched intercessors pray last night and the Lord revealed some
things to me that I am still trying to sort through. But hear me! We
keep looking for a possible outside source. But the Lord showed me,
just as a baby is in its mother’s womb, there is a bag of water
that surrounds that baby and protects that child. You gotta hear me.
There is a bag, a membrane, which holds fluid, which the baby is able
to live in and survive in until the timing of that birth. The Lord
says that you, just as that baby, are surrounded and protected by
that membrane. “I have surrounded this state with anointing.”
Some of you are gonna get set free tonight. Some of you gotta
understand you are in the womb of anointing. What is the womb of
anointing? God has come to this state. He has chosen this place. I
live over in Kentucky and I’m saying, “God why here?”
You’re saying, “David this is hard for me to figure out. What are
you trying to say?” Let me say it to you the way the Lord spoke to
Nicodemus. He said, “You must be born again.” Nicodemus said,
“What? Can a man be born again? Can a man enter into his mother’s
womb for a second time?” He couldn’t fathom it. He couldn’t
figure it out in the natural. Can I say something to you? The Lord
says, ‘The church needs to be born again.” And he has got you in
the womb of His anointing right now. Some of you keep waiting for
revival to come. Some of you keep waiting for an outside source. And
for the first time last night, I think I got it.
God has His hand on this state. You, my friend, are in the womb of
anointing. You are the seed of God. And what is going to be released
my friend, is not someone else, but you. Habakkuk 2:3, “For the
revelation waits an appointed time. It speaks of the end and it will
not prove false. Though it linger wait for it. For it will certainly
come and it will not delay.” There is a revelation according to the
scripture that has not been released upon the earth yet. It’s
awaiting an appointed time, much like a baby in the womb surrounded
by anointing. And when that baby inside begins to grow, you know what
the Lord showed me last night? He has you in His womb of anointing,
and He says every time you bow your knee in intercession, you grow.
Every time you bow your knee in intercession; intercession is the
nutrient necessary for that seed of God to begin to develop and grow.
He also showed me another nutrient necessary for the child within,
the seed of God, within to grow. Every time you lift your hands in
worship. Can I say something to you? That is why the devil is raging
so strongly in those two areas. Because if he can keep you from
prayer and keep you from worship, he can keep you from growing in the
womb of anointing. He can keep you from maturity, and if he can keep
you from maturity, than that means he can keep you from revelation
that’s awaiting the appointed time. The Lord showed me last night
and early this morning that the intercessors and the worshippers are
getting weary.
]
I hope you can understand what I am trying to say tonight. We can’t
naturally fathom what the Lord is about to do in this place. I wish I
had the words to describe what the Lord is doing. Because, my friend,
just as the church in New Testament times was birthed and brought
firth, that was its first birth. But the Lord says, “Ye must be
born again.”
We are about to be born again in the Spirit. You know the Bible says
that flesh bears flesh, but the spirit births spirit. So now we are
all in this thing together. You, some of you, have had days of
frustration that have turned into weeks, which have turned into
months, and now turned into years. But the Lord says, “Wait!” I
don’t want to wait. Just like my little baby Allison didn’t want
to wait, I don’t want t wait. But it’s imperative that we wait,
so that when we come. – I don’t think you comprehend yet – that
you are the revelation that God is going to release in the last day.
What kind of revelation? Revelation to the lost that Jesus Christ
still saves. They haven’t comprehended the revealed truth yet. But
if we’ll wait and if we’ll pray and intercede, and we’ll
worship, we’ll grow. And the more we grow the thinner that membrane
that surrounds us gets. Till that point that it gets so thin that
there’s a breaking in that membrane and a releasing of that
revelation. But we must wait. But I say to you tonight it’s in the
waiting – it’s in the waiting that the temptation comes. See the
Lord speaks something to our life and the day in which we live says,
“Now!” Pop it in the microwave and give it to me in a moment.
But the Lord says, “Wait!” See the Lord speaks something to us
and says, “I’m going to do this,” and we are ready on the spot.
See, the Lord speaks to Noah and says, “Noah, it’s about to rain;
build an ark.” And 120 years later and it hasn’t rained yet. The
Lord spoke a promise to him. He said, “Get your hammer; get your
nails; get your saws; start building ‘cause it’s going to rain.”
He had to wait. And in his waiting I just wonder if there were
moments of temptation. A few months pass by, he’s been telling
people its going to rain. He’s been telling people, “God says
it’s about to rain.” A few months go by and he’s the laughing
stock of the nation. Everybody’s making fun of him. And I just
wonder if through those months and through those years of building he
said, “God you told me it was going to rain and I have been out
here day in and day out hammering in the midnight hour. And I haven’t
felt a drop.” He throws his hammer down and says, “I’m going to
the house. I quit!”
Because it’s in the waiting time that many of us quit. I quit! I’m
tired of this! That promise is never gonna come. Lord you spoke to me
and said revival was coming – I feel it in my spirit, but I’ve
been praying for years and now people are laughing at me. I’ve been
building this ark, I’ve been preparing this place for you because
you said you were coming. He says, “Wait!”
But in the waiting there’s a temptation to quit. It’s in the
waiting the temptation to get satisfied comes. I’ve been praying
long enough, I’ve been pursuing long enough. You know what? Church
isn’t that bad anyway. I mean, it’s better than it was. Amen! But
is it where God called you to be?
I feel like the Lord has sent me by to let you know tonight ‘cause
some of you are on the verge of quitting. And I really feel it strong
in the area of intercession and worship. Your intercession has become
dry and there seems to be no power there, seems to be a lot of
repetition, a lot of mechanicalism about it. But the Lord says,
“Wait!”
Worship has become stale and stoic. And you’re at the verge of
going, “You know what? I’ve spent months waiting, years waiting.
I think I’ll just settle in.” You know what? It’s in the
waiting that the temptation comes. It’s in the waiting that we
maybe begin to find substitutes for God’s glory. We begin to find
substitutes. Maybe we pop in a video and watch a certain man or read
a certain book. Maybe we begin to be like the children of Israel in
Exodus the 32nd chapter. “When the people saw that Moses
was so long in his coming down from the mountain, they gathered
around Aaron and said, ‘Come make us gods who would go before us,
as for this fellow Moses who brought us up out of Egypt, we don’t
know what happened to him.’” They got tired of waiting. They got
so tired of waiting that they took their own things and created
something. Let me say this to you. The Lord showed me this in the
Word. Just as Moses brought the children of Israel out of Egypt, they
had always had a leader, looking for someone to lead them. Do you
understand? Moses led them everywhere. And for a mom in their lives,
about a 40 day period, they didn’t have anybody to lead them. And
because inside of them was created for someone to lead them, someone
to give them guidance, they got tired of waiting and said, “Let us
make other gods that will go before us. Let us find something else
that will lead us on.”
Are you hearing me? Because they got tired of waiting they built for
themselves a golden calf. You all know the story. And I love this
part: “When the Lord revealed to Moses what had happened in the
camp, he started going down the mountain.” And it says in verse 17,
“When Joshua heard the noise of the people shouting, he said to
Moses, ‘There is a sound of war in the camp.’” I love this
reply, though. “Moses said, ‘It is not a sound of defeat. It’s
a sound of singing that I hear.”
I just wonder what kind of sounds we are releasing up. Because they
got into a place where they didn’t have the sound of victory and
they didn’t have the sound of defeat. They just did a whole lot of
singing. They said, “We’ll meet. We’ll join together. We’ll
have a good time. You know, we’ve have bondage in our lives. We’re
struggling with inner problems and sins in our lives. We don’t
really have the sound of victory, but we are not doing so badly. We
are not really defeated that bad, either. So we’ll just get happy
and dance for a while. We’ll sing a few songs.”
I don’t know is that describes where you’re at today or possibly
where the church of America is. But I’m not satisfied with just
singing. I’m not even satisfied with hearing just the sound of war.
Let me tell you what happened. Moses asked who was on his side and
the sons of Levi said that they were. I believe that God is asking
that same question. I believe God has come off the mountain and he is
speaking to the churches in this valley. And he is saying, “I hear
the sound of war, but it is not the sound of victory and it is not
the sound of defeat. It’s just a bunch of singing. And I want to
know tonight who is on my side.” You know what happened? He said,
“I want you to go through this camp killing your brother, your son,
and all of those who were on the other side. I want you to
slaughter.” You know what he was saying? “All of those who are
satisfied with just singing I want you to separate yourselves from. I
want you to be a people who comes out and separates yourselves from
it.”
Wait
And here is something that is awesome. Because, all because, they
chose not to wait, the Bible says that, that day 3,000 were killed.
All because they chose not to wait. I wonder what would have happened
if they had chose to wait. I think we get a glimpse over in the New
Testament when there were a few men and women of God that went into
an upper and said, “We’re gonna wait this time. Now we might
start out 500 but I’m not going to be one of those that leave.”
The Bible says that because they chose to wait – you gotta
understand that we are a people that need a leader and they had no
leader because Jesus had just left. But God says, “Wait! I’m
gonna send somebody down. Wait! Don’t leave yet. Don’t build
anything. Just go pray and worship ‘cause I’m about to give
revelation unto your cities. – Because they chose to get unto a
place of intercession and worship – they waited for the leader.
They waited for one that would lead them to a new place and because
they chose to wait, instead of 3,000 being slaughtered, the Bible
says, “In that day 3,000 came to know the Lord.” That’s pretty
awesome.
You know what I’m here to tell you tonight that there is a
responsibility in reaching the city. And you are just like me. Your
flesh is just like my flesh. I want to see the glory. I want to feel
the glory. I want to know the Lord like I never knew him. But I tell
you more than that I want revelation to be released from my life into
the streets of our cities that others might know that same power. The
Lord says to you tonight, “You must be born again.” I want to
give you warning tonight. It is so easy in the waiting time to get
bitter, to begin to get resentful, to start finger-pointing and say.
“It’s this pastor or that pastor.” When you do that your
choosing not to wait. King Saul, according to the Scripture, if he’d
have stayed on course, the house of Saul would have been established
forever. Know what his downfall was? He couldn’t wait. Samuel said,
“I will be there in seven days.” And on the seventh day he got
antsy and Samuel didn’t show up. The Bible says that Saul took the
offering and he sacrificed it. And Samuel showed up at the time he
was doing it and he said, “What in the world are you doing? Because
you chose not to wait, Saul, God’s already picked another man.”
Listen to me child of God. Because you choose not to wait, God will
pick somebody else. You know why, because he loves this city. He
loves this valley. He loves the children, the mothers, and the
fathers. I don’t care how dirty they are. I don’t care what kind
of sin they are in. I don’t care what kind of things they are
involved in, His heart breaks for them.
Seed in the Womb of God’s Anointing
We are the actual seed in the womb of God’s anointing. And every
time we bow our knee and every time we lift our voices, we are
growing in that womb. And the Lord says, “As soon as Zion travails,
she’ll bring forth a child” I felt a real sense last night. You
know they do these ultra sounds as we went through the pregnancy with
Janis and it gives a snapshot of the baby inside the womb. It showed
Allison moving around and I wish you could have felt what I felt last
night. As I watched people worship and I watched people intercede,
all I could see was us moving inside that womb, stretching inside
that womb, waiting our times. Waiting our destination, waiting for
our moment of taking in the nutrients of the Lord. At we are growing
and that we are maturing inside of that. We are forming a body. The
little fingers and the roes are growing. All of the parts start
growing. Do you understand that the turmoil our city is in and the
church is in is because God is forming his baby again? Inside the
womb of anointing, God is bringing churches, pastors, intercessors,
and worshippers together. What’s happening? I’ll tell you. There
is a maturing taking place. The heart is beginning to get stronger.
The lungs are beginning to get stronger. There are things that are
happening. God says, “I’ve chosen you WV. I’ve picked you. Wait
for it. Stay in the process.” Hebrews 6:12 says, “in order to
inherit the promises of God, have faith and patience.” Have faith
and patience. If you don’t have patience to wait your faith won’t
last until that moment.

Comments